Art Exhibition : Enigmatic Landscapes - Tang Hong Lee
In his three decade-long career, nature has been a subject of focus for Malaysian artist Tang Hong Lee. Enigmatic Landscapes, his latest series explores nature spirituality and its mystical power in all its splendid forms and colours. Led by his artistic impulses and inquiring deep into his creative process, Lee’s new paintings in oil exhibit great fluency and control. Executed with dramatic verve and a richly gestural technique, his landscape compositions are rich in imagination, engaging the viewer on an emotional level that are both introspective and spiritual. “I want to communicate my feelings in my paintings and the rhythm, the emotions, the spirituality in life around me”, explains Lee on his love with nature.
From his early paintings of anchovies with political undertones to the recent large scale seascapes, Lee has explored many facets of the landscapes from representational to the abstract. A colourist, Lee explores colour in all its nuances, embracing both it’s emotional and expressive qualities, evoking an atmosphere of dreamlike tranquility.
Lee has won an accolade of awards including the 1999 Philip Morris Honorable Mention Award. His works are in the collection of Maybank, Bank Negara Malaysia, Hong Leong Bank, Star Cruise, Silterra Malaysia, Mandarin Oriental Hotel KL, V Plaza Hotel Brunei & Kallang Development Singapore.
Date : July 16 to 29, 2016
1557 Keppel Road (Beside Southpoint)
Blk C, #02-11
Tel : +65 9641 3235
Exhibition hours :
12pm – 6.30pm (Monday – Friday)
12noon – 6pm (Saturday)
Sun & PH by appointment
- This ‘Nude Composition Series’ features patterns of rhythms and forms in abstractions that develop formal…
- While many contemporary artists in Malaysia are still struggling to establish an identity, Soon Lai…
- “In the highly competitive Philippine art scene, artists of remarkable talent abound and from each…
- Ronald Apriyan commentary works focus on social themes that affects him and his community at…
- With more than three decades of sustained dedication to abstract painting, Wilwayco is regarded as…
- He sees the potential of found objects, pick the pieces that he likes, bring them…