Chia Hearn Chek - Eternity Series, 46 x 46cm
Art Exhibition : BEAUTY & YOUTH (B-side) - An exhibition of Urban Art
Bold, inventive and energetic, the aesthetics of urban art brings an exciting freshness to the studio practice of artists engaged in contemporary art today.
Beauty & Youth (B-side) is a group presentation of 7 artists by Momentous Arts. An eclectic range of paintings, sculptures & collectible art toy will deck the pop up space at Tanglin mall. The artists include Marilou Solano, Janos Delacruz, Stephen Taneo, Beejay Esber, Raul Jorolan, Pete Jimenez & Jan Calleja.
Grounded with a strong urban vibe, the artworks encapsulate the creative energies that flow out of the urban studios of Manila. The vitality of youth and euphoria of freedom (tenets of urban art) reverberated through the artworks by the artists constant editing, subverting and appropriating.
Following the successful debut of last year’s edition, Beauty & Youth (B-side), seeks to entertain, to provoke and amuse - with a curated line up of fresh works.
This exhibition is part of the 13th Philippines Art Trek organized by the Philippine embassy in Singapore and commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Philippines -Singapore diplomatic relations.
Date : 17 to 30 September, 2019
Tanglin Mall, #03-09
163 Tanglin Rd. S (247933)
Exhibition hours :
11am - 7.30pm (Monday - Friday)
11am - 6pm (Saturday/Sunday)
Figurative art | Landscape paintings | Abstract art | Still life | Drawings | Sculptures | Ceramics
- Pete Jimenez (born 1960) is among the few Filipino sculptors who has consistently explored the…
- In 2003 after visiting an exhibition of paintings on back of glass near Murnau, he…
- This jungle and bay series absorbs the spirit of Chinese painting, especially the strokes depicting…
- Capturing movement is the touchstone of this artist as Helen Ann Peters once said in…
- Benjie Cabangis work attest to his detailed study and adept mastery in recreating form and…
- "The paintings of Soon Lai Wai are a refreshing confluence of traditional and contemporary themes,…
FOLLOW US W3Schools
INTERVIEWS, REVIEWS, FEATURES ON ARTISTS & Contemporary Art Practices.